The Preparatory school

Venac Radomira Putnika 30, Sombor

The Preparatory School building or The Teacher-Training School of Sombor, the legacy of Georgije Branković, Serbian Patriarch and Metropolitan of Karlovci, who also used to be a director of the School, as well as a priest in Sombor, was built in 1895 in neo-renaissance style. It was with his financial resources that the Preparatory School of Sombor was built, where teaching process for men’s classes of the School went on from 1895 until 1948. Today, the building houses the Museum of Sombor Teacher-Training School as well as a part of its rich old Library and the Dean’s Office of the Teacher-Training Faculty founded in 1993 on more than two centuries long tradition of teacher-training in Sombor.